Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Puberty???? Again!!!!

So...when you have chemo and radiation, all your hair on your head and body just sort of disappears...then one day you feel the top of your head and you feel some peach fuzz. Yea! my hair is growing back...but that's not all...it's growing everywhere else as well! I swear it's just like puberty! I got 10 types of excited the other day when the dark smudge on my upperlip that I tried to wash away didn't and I realized that it was peachfuzz!!! just like when I was in high school!! I am glad however, that the rest of the stuff that comes with puberty doesn't re-appear...lol.

So I have 2 radiation treatments left, today and tomorrow...then I'm DONE!!!! I have regular Doctor appointments and such but for the most part I'm DONE!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Saturday I'm going to leave for UT to stay with my parents for a week and let my mom "Fuss" over me and help me get rid of some of the side affects of treatments. A lot of my family members are coming from different locations to see me which will be great! and I hope to come back feeling much better and in tune with my self. We are also going to be taking a family picture as well. It will also be the first father's day in quite a number of years that I will be home for. I'm already prepared with a fathers day gift to take with me.

You may have read in Clayton's blog that I did have some problem last week with my side where they were doing some of the radiation. But they took an x-ray and couldn't see anything and I think it's starting to go away so I think I just pulled a muscle. They said that things like that could happen during the treatment so for now I think it's OK.

F.A.C.T.S. is really picking up steam!! Thursday we review the first draft of the Non-Profit paperwork and I have already been talking with loads of people on what can be done for fund raisers, putting lists of people together, getting a website put together and even one person is helping me with a List Server for mass e-mailings. So look for things to be happening on this and YOU WILL BE GETTING EMAILS ASKING FOR HELP :-).

The Docs are letting me go back to work part time starting on the 23rd I won't be able to work more than 15-20 hours a week for the next couple of months but I can work from home for most of it and I have a summer intern that I've had for the past 2 years who is back to help so she will be helping me take up some of the slack.

That's about it for now...I'm going to start packing for my trip and my ride should be here in a little while to take me to my treatment (still can't drive by myself until Nov....arrrrggghhh)

Peace out!
Scott

5 comments:

kellyanddanielle said...

you have a blast and give my mom and yours a huge hug and kiss for me. enjoy yourself you deserve it. your awesome and don't ever forget that. love you tons.

Ondriawfd said...

Yea!! I'm so glad you've made it this far. It sounds like you've been through the worst and it should only get better from here. You seem to be doing awesome. We are so happy for you. How exciting that you get to go see your family. Sounds wonderful! Please tell all of them hi for us and let them know they should all be blogging. Have a great trip!

Kristy said...

Scott, thank you so much for the phone call. I am out of minuets on my phone so I can't call you back until the weekend. I know you are leaving Saturday for Utah so I will try Sunday. I love you so much and things with us are going well. I wish I could come see you but know that I am thinking of you. Take care and travel safe.

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott, I enjoyed reading your words. Thanks for posting this journey. My best wishes are with you. I look forward to getting you onto Bear Beach.

Love Stuff~
RockStarKevin

Susan said...

Let's get posting, you've been off of vacation for a week! How's the new bed. Clayton such a nice guy, what a great surprise!

Sorr Katy gave me a scary avatar, take it up with her!