Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just keep on keeping on...

Wow it's been a whole week since I last wrote...not much has happened. The shot portion of this session of Chemo has ended so the pain has finally (as of Friday) ended but I'm still feeling a little "yucky". The good thing is that the weather has been somewhat nice and a couple of times I've gone out and gotten a little fresh air by doing a couple of quick short errands and such.

I'm sorry it's been a week since I wrote. Clayton seems to be better at this than I am. I'm just going stir crazy...then when I do get on the computer and read emails or what ever I start to get tired and then things just stop.

I finally got my temporary disability check from work and paid some overdue bills which has now sent my credit rating down a few points. This became a highly discussed topic over the past week with Clayton and he was a little appalled at how I manage money...in a few words...I don't manage money...so for the first time in a relationship, I talked to my partner about how much I make and how I spend or don't and Scott's philosophy on paying bills. I think he wanted to commit me but instead we sat down and worked a little...I was very surprised at how I had fallen into the auto pay trap and seeing how that could screw everything up...I changed all of those accounts to either bill me or closed them.

It was an eye opening experience. I always marvelled at how he could manage on so little money since he gets a disability check once a month and lives on that and what he makes off of eBay. Yet here I was making a considerable amount more and always felt like I was struggling...he has once again amazed me with his help this week and I hope that I can keep it up with his help.

Clayton is Awesome and thanks to those of you who have taken the time to write him and read his blog. He lost a dear friend this week and had to attend the funeral. It was Buddhist and he said that he really enjoyed it. I have a young actor friend and his family who are Buddhist and they have invited me to come visit their temple when I'm feeling better. They have been very helpful to both Clayton and I during this particular time and I would like to see if the Buddhist way of life is a cause of that so I'm definately going to visit them when I'm better.

Other things...I think I'm coming down with a cold...I'm praying I don't, if I do, it could put off the next round of chemo and since I basically don't have an immune system because of the chemo a cold could be dangerous...it's cold in this house to...Clayton says it's warm but I can't seem to get warm and then all of the sudden I'll be dressed and bundled under the covers and burning hot....ugh...

so that's it for now... then next round of chemo starts on Wednesday and on that day they have to do a spinal tap and remove some of the spinal fluid and replace it with some chemo...yuck!

Thanks again to all that have been a great help to me and Clayton, for all of your well wishes, cards, food, etc...I can't thank you all enough.

Love and peace to all
Scott

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow, Wednesday sounds like it won't be any fun at all. We will definitely keep praying for you since that is about all we can do from here. I'm glad that you are feeling better now though. We love you!

I hope that you can keep your spirits up, and this all goes very quickly and smoothly.

BTW I'm so happy that you have Clayton, he sounds like a great guy that helps you a lot. We love him too.

Sharon Lynn said...

Scott,

You definitely will be in my prayers all day wednesday as you start your next round of chemo including the spinal tap chemo.

You are strong. God is with you. You are surrounded by caring friends. Now, just remember to laugh!!!!

Katy said...

I can't even imagine...yuck!!

Our good friend was recently diagnosed with Leukemia, so I am beginning to understand a bit of the lingo...

I hope all goes well on Wednesday, we think about you all the time!!