Sunday, March 9, 2008

Review of the Bad Days to finally get today as a good day

Before I got sober I spent my life in negativity and since I got sober I've tried to stay on the side of good but I have to tell you that you're about to read some real negative stuff...because dammit I'm not perfect!


Since I last wrote I have had massive pain to go through the shots finally ended on Friday. Then Saturday I spent all day in bed with flu like symptoms and as that started to end, the pain started again last night...before last night I slept about 4-5 hours a night...let me tell you what that does to the mental aspect of Scott. It's a good thing that the universe is forgiving and understands that we aren't perfect because in the vile, angry, killer mood that I was in, I would have been struck down so hard that it would have taken half of Arlington with it.


Me and the universe had a very angry, one way, exchange of words and there isin't a sailor alive that could have beat me in the dirty mouth department.


Since Clayton and I have been together he has taught me that you don't have to yell and scream when you have a fight and to be totally honest we haven't really had a fight. But 2 nights ago as I looked at the clock and it was 2 am and I was wide awake, all I wanted to do was yell and scream throw things like a child having a tantrum. The ugly pity monster just wanted to rip, render and tear up anything within reach...so while I was yelling at God I just cried and let it out...


3 days ago when I woke up I looked in the mirror and one of the biggest aspects of my treatment was staring me right in the eyes...I looked like I had grown a leopard on my head overnight with the patches of hair missing. (see the pictures I've added to the site) And even tho' I was totally expecting it...it still brought tears to my eyes. So back and forth and back and forth...

Sometimes I don't know what to do. Yesterday I just laid in bed with these flu like symptoms didn't hardly eat anything nor did I want to or did I care if I did. I read couple of e-mails reading about other friends of mine who are having their own problems right now and I know I'm not alone in the anguish department...When I realized that I would need to send them some of the healing energy that I've been given, it helped change my attitude...sometimes it just takes a kick to the head.


So today roles around and I feel good...My best friend's husband came by and fixed my wireless access to the laptop so at least I don't have to wear a mask in the basement...for those of you who are behind...our basement leaks and Clayton and I both agree that there could be mold issues the my compromised immune system couldn't handle at the moment.

I'm in much better spirits today and I actually fixed my own breakfast and lunch which gives Clayton a little break...friends have called to check in and it's a different day. It will hopfully last like this until Wednesday when I have the new PIC line put in and start the bags of chemo again.

But for now I'm good and back to my old self...at least mentally.

Have a good one.
Scott

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott,

I wish you no pain or sickness for a moment, a minute an hour and a day and for always.
Your in my prayers

Cathy

Katy said...

Here's hoping for a lot of good days coming up!!

Ondriawfd said...

My heart goes out to you. The pain sounds awful. Keep your spirits up. There are a lot of people who care about you and we're praying for you.

kellyanddanielle said...

thanks for keeping us updated. i'm so sorry for your pain. sounds like clayton is a wonderful love for you. our hearts do go out to you. love you.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any problems right now, so if you need to get rid of stuff, feel free to dump them on me. I've got an empty plate for just such occassions.
Thinking of you,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Scott --

The birds are coming back for the spring. If you're up around sunrise, open the window and you'll hear them chattering in the trees. It's one of my favorite things. When I hear them first thing in the morning, it's never a bad day. Maybe they'll make you feel better too.

John

Anonymous said...

Scott,
I'm putting out "magic fingers" to help with the pain...and if that doesn't work....try putting on the red nose and looking in the mirror!
Miguel and I send you our love and as he keeps reminding me- "You have to be alive to feel pain;consider the alternative"...harsh but true-it's all a matter of attitude.
PJ

Sharon Lynn said...

Scott,

I'm so sorry for the pain you have but am glad that you do have good moments, too. If it weren't for the good moments, our bad ones would be so hard to take.

I know the pain I have been having with my rt knee due to my arthritis is NOTHING compared to the pain you must have but till I read this, it sure seemed like it was bad. Sometimes you do just have to keep pushing and that's what I've done even though by night time it would hurt so bad it would be hard to get comfortable to sleep.

I have to remind myself that at least I can walk, drive, keep working on the house. I'm nowhere near free of pain and I don't walk normally some days but I'm alive.

May God be with you and may you know that it is perfectly normal and ok to let the pain, etc. out in whatever way you need as long as it doesn't hurt someone else. God and the universe can handle it as long as you are HONEST.