Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday -- It's been a couple of good days...

So my Doctors tell me that feeling good physically will go up and down and they are right. The roller coaster of Being Tired and having, what I'm now referring to, pain waves.



Pain Waves -- Definition...."When sharp stabbing pains attack any where on my body. The heaviest about an hour after my GCS-F shots"



These waves come on like the Ocean Tides with about the same consistency.



As for being tired...I manage about 3 hours up in the morning before I feel that I just have to lay down....Then I just sort of lay there for a while until the next surge of energy...during that surge today I folded socks...lol...not a big deal for me...but for Clayton....



The next surge is now with me up at the computer doing this blog. I've been thinking about what I wanted to write about today and you know the thing that I want to talk about more than anything is the GENEROUS outpouring of love and support from my friends..



Lets start with the food...So many people have helped with food that I can't tell you how much it means to us...for different reasons....the biggest is that since I'm not working for awhile...my Jobs insurance for being out of work will drop to about 60 % of my current pay until I go back to work...That scares the hell out of me! So thanks to all for the food...you know who you are and you rock!!!!



The rides to NIH for Blood work and my Chemo Bag changes. Both times that I have accepted the offers for rides the two people who took me have just been fabulous!!!



With my friend and a former student ---...it was just two ol' queens on a road trip talkin' about everything....totally lovely!!!! With my long time Friend ---, I hadn't seen her in for ever and I sat back in her lovely comfortable car (she had separate heating and air that is to die for) and chatted and caught up! She lost her Husband a couple of years ago very suddenly and it was so nice to see how she had worked through it so far...she also reminded me of how her and I are alike in the ability to compartmentalize how we work through our life...and go about with the logic of day to day things...I can't tell you how much help and joy I was feeling when I got back from the hospital...I was in the best mood I've been in for a couple of weeks.



My mom calls everyday just to check in and this is one strong woman! DAILY I get email from her about different Holistic treatments to help supplement my current treatment and there is no negativity or anything...she has been the most solid rock in my life through coming out, alcaholism, other illnesses and continues to do so.



I've gotten (2) fruit baskets from the office along with emails daily.



Get well cards and even a gift certificate from someone for a Pizza from Dominoes from ---. A lady I worked with when I did Christmas Carol. Many other things as well but I want to spend a few lines on the two people who offered to get matched for blood and bone marrow if I needed it down the road.



The first offer came from my friend ---...her's was also the very first email out of my friends to reply...when she wrote a very sweet letter and told me that if I needed any blood from her to make sure I let her know I about fell over!! That is true unselfishness and giving and this friend is like that all the time...she knows who she is and I want to know how much love I have for her.



The other person is a former student who also wrote a very nice letter and made the same offer despite all the things she is going through she still made that offer! These are real people who make these offers...and they have surrounded me with love and energy beyond compare and I will NEVER forget this...I LOVE YOU ALL!!!



And too my best friend (after Clayton) your daily calls and love and visits with all that you have going means so much to me I can't tell you...You know you're my SweetPea!



OK all as you know I've left names out on purpose...so that as with the practice of AA, anonymity first above all...



and good night!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Wow! What an emotional time. I truly hope you start feeling better, and I know you can stay strong! I love you Scott! You are in our prayers. I know we are far away, but I want to do anything that I can for you. If you need anything at all, let me know, seriously. Love you so much!

Whitney and Juan.